It is a very unsettling feeling to not get any final closures from the bidding. You have carefully drafted your proposal, quoted the right price and try to understand your customer only to be disappointed that you didn’t get in. To help you cope with this issue better, we have put together a smart checklist to win a government tender Odisha and other state governments come out with. This article is a must-read for anyone before bidding for a government tender.
- Read the tender document carefully: Once you receive a notification from WBtenders or other state government tenders that a particular state has released their tender, the first thing to do is to go through the tender specifications very carefully. Most of the time it is seen that a bidder would miss out on certain key specifications while preparing their bid proposal. The government organization or the authority checking the tender will be able to catch this blunder very easily if you haven’t gone through the tender document completely. Hence, read each specification very carefully to avoid missing out on answering or responding to a few of the specifications asked out in the government tender document.
- Keep an eye out for tender release dates: As a bidder, you must know about all the latest tender Odisha and other state government comes out with. While this is a time-consuming and exhaustive task, you can take the help of a tender portal like BidAssist which can alert you whenever new tender Odisha are released. It is important to be in “in know” when new tenders are released. As a result, it is strongly advised that you invest time and money in registering your company with BidAssist that don’t just help you notify about new tenders but helps you check your tender status easily.
- Conduct comprehensive research: In today’s world, we conduct extensive research before purchasing even a minor household item. So, anything as big and important as bidding on a government tender should also get the same treatment. Always do your homework on the buyer’s profile. Begin by visiting their website for WBtenders and looking for what the company’s aims are, as well as their vision/mission. Similarly, conducting extensive research on your competition is beneficial. Find out whether your competitors are up to something fresh. What are their advantages and disadvantages? This information may seem unimportant to you right now, but it is critical for you to obtain it at this early stage of your business. This data analysis will not only help you strengthen your pitch, but it will also help you showcase your core competencies and USP in a more straightforward manner. This is important information to have when writing a bid application.
- Carry out the instructions like a racehorse: This is one of the most important aspects you cannot overlook while writing a powerful and efficient bid proposal for tender Odisha. In this extremely competitive bidding climate, most suppliers just skim over the guidelines and do not properly follow them. This eventually results in a half-baked proposal paper that lacks the essential information that the buyer requires. This could result in a significant likelihood of business failure.
- Ensure that all supporting documents are in order: This is an extremely important consideration that cannot be overlooked while preparing a tender. Sending an unfinished proposal paper for tender Odisha is the worst thing you could do to your brand and will propagate that your offer is never shortlisted. Make a list of all necessary supporting papers that must be supplied with the bid proposal and keep them separate.
- Compiling documents: After creating a checklist of all the tasks that must be completed for tender submission, you must begin compiling documents and other essential details. Here is a list of documents that are frequently requested throughout the tendering process and should be kept on hand.
- Udyog Aadhar certificate/ MSME registration certificate/ Company PAN Card
- Proof of business address
- Certificate of Company Registration/Incorporation Certificate/Partnership Deed/LLP Registration
- GST and other tax information
- Certificates of Class III Digital Signature, ESI, and EPF
- CA certificate audited with turnover
- Other certifications include the ISO certificate.
- Manufacturing compliances and certifications, such as ZED certification
- Industry-specific accreditation, such as FSSAI in the food industry
- Previously completed similar orders (within the chosen time frame)
- Project plan in detail
- Document of quotation
- Proof of tender fee and/or EMD deposit
- Before sending the bid proposal kit, run it through a third set of eyes: A third eye run on the bid plan is just as important as completing the offer papers. You may be unable to spot missing documents or requirements in this situation, so a fresh/new third eye inspection is essential. Once your bid proposal document for WBtenders is ready for submission, we recommend that you thoroughly evaluate it by reading over the instruction points and mapping them with the responses that you have provided in your bid proposal. Keep a close eye on the supporting materials you’ve supplied to the bid proposal. Consider whether each material provided strengthens or weakens your case. If the response is more powerful, you are on the right track. Finally, organize these materials in a logical chronological order for easy referencing and evaluation.
- Submit the proposal before the deadline: After reading the whole bid papers, make a note of the deadline for tender Odisha and ensure you start working again to avoid missing your tender submission deadline. It is irresponsible to wait until the last minute to submit your proposal in order to prevent missing out on some prospects.
So we are saying,
E-tendering and e-procurement procedures take away the hassle of manual submissions resulting in a transparent tendering process in India. If one is facing any issue in filing WBtenders, the BidAssist team can take care of it. They have different plans that you could select based on your needs.