Performing excellently in badminton has a lot to do with connecting with the ground. The stronger your connection and alignment with the ground, the more swift you are on your feet. Badminton requires exactly this! To have a perfect shot, your body must perfectly align with your feet and the ground below. Badminton demands agility and a firm grip on the ground, whether playing indoors or outdoors.
Thus, you cannot use your gym or running shoes to play badminton. Instead, you need shoes matching different requirements with peculiar and appropriate outsoles and insoles. So, you must switch if you still use your running shoes for badminton. Add a pair of badminton shoes for men to your shoe rack and enhance your performance.
Why Should You Get Yourself a Pair of Badminton Shoes for Men?
Here are the top 5 reasons why you should get badminton shoes to play the sport and make a lasting impression:
● Improving Performance, Indoors and Outdoors
Badminton shoes for men are designed to offer the required traction on the ground, whether indoors or outdoors. These shoes offer optimum cushion support to your heel and ankle. As your feet are often exposed to sudden shocks while making swift movements for a shot, badminton shoes will provide you with the required stability and safety.
Wondering how? These shoes are designed to provide ample ankle support with a firm fit around your ankle, propelling you to move forward easily. Thus, your body’s balance remains stable, irrespective of a plain indoor surface or rough outdoor ground.
● Preventing Injuries
Today, badminton shoes have advanced footwear technology that protects every part of your feet. These shoes are designed with cushioned insoles, gripping outsoles, and lightweight upper materials. It helps cross ventilation across your feet, providing the necessary comfort.
Also, the shoes are designed to care for your feet’s arch by absorbing maximum vibrations from the ground while playing the sport. It helps avoid muscle sprain, blisters, or other serious injuries while playing. Thus, badminton shoes help prevent injury risks, allowing you to focus completely on the game.
● Enhancing Responsiveness
The more responsive you are to your opponent’s shots while playing badminton, the more the probability of winning. Thus, you need shoes that offer an optimum push without risking your feet’ safety. Badminton shoes have in-built layered cushioning that aligns your feet with your upper body, enabling you to make quick movements. It enhances responsiveness to your opponent’s shot and does not allow you to miss even a single shot.
● Improved Cushioned Support
The latest badminton shoes for men have enough cushioning to run, jump, and take every shot of the opponent. You need shoes that hold your feet firmly for highly agile movements at the badminton court. The grip should be such that it allows you to make sudden changes in your pace.
However, sudden changes in pace and direction may cause foot injury due to muscle spasms. But, with ProFoam technology, an intense energy rebound is possible without hurting your feet. It emanates from the appropriate cushioning of your feet, heel, and ankle provided by your badminton shoes.
● Lightweight Design
Badminton shoes for men are designed to be light in weight so that you can carry your body weight in response to your feet’s movement. The construction of shoes is made with materials that are lightweight and durable. The insoles and outsoles are designed peculiarly to keep you light on your feet, preventing fatigue. Thus, even if you are in for a long duration, your feet won’t make you feel tired. Instead, the lightweight design of the shoes will prove to be an impetus for your improved speed of movement on the badminton court.
How to Differentiate Between a Badminton Shoe and a Running Shoe?
Learn to understand the difference between a badminton shoe and a running shoe, as both are designed for different purposes:
- Badminton shoes have thinner soles to provide better stability and feel of the ground while making quick movements. At the same time, a running shoe has thicker soles for shock endurance from the ground due to repetitive movements.
- Badminton shoes come with proper cushioning, considering the impact of shock absorption during intense movements on the badminton court. Running shoes prioritise cushioning as your feet face repetitive foot strikes while running long distances.
- As prompt footwork and sudden change in direction are required in badminton, the soles of the shoes are flat and have a low centre of gravity. However, running shoes have taller soles, offering a higher centre of gravity for forward motion.
- Badminton shoes are designed for quick responses to opponents. A running shoe does provide responsiveness but prioritises a rebound of energy for efficient runs.
Factors to Consider for Right Cushioning and Responsiveness of Your Badminton Shoes
If you want to pick badminton shoes for men with the right cushioning and responsiveness, consider the following points:
- Select badminton shoes with advanced midsole technology, enhancing your movements’ swiftness on the badminton court.
- Opt for flat, thin, round outsole shoes for improved stability and responsiveness to every shot.
- Pick lightweight badminton shoes to promote effortless movement on the court. They will give you the confidence to take every shot at the opponent.
- Appropriate arch support ensures your feet are safe and well-supported during dynamic pace and direction changes.
As several online and offline options concerning badminton shoes for men are available, it becomes tricky to select the right pair. You can refer to the abovementioned points in such scenarios and decide accordingly. A pair of shoes can make you win or lose a game, thus ensuring you have the right ones.
Badminton shoes are designed to meet the relevant sport’s demand and should not be confused with running or other shoes. Also, if your shoes are new, practice using them before a match to avoid shoe bites. Swipe them clean with a cloth after a match, ensuring longevity. Thus, grab a pair of badminton shoes and get ready to have the best shots at the game.