The tradition of massaging babies has been an integral aspect of the baby care regime since ancient times. Even today, this practice is considered vital for baby care at home, as it helps the little one’s journey of growth and development. A regular massage session is thus not only relaxing for babies but also imperative for their skincare and overall well-being.
Why does your baby need a regular massage?
There are numerous benefits of massage oil for babies. Let’s look at some of the best ones:
- It helps babies relax.
- It makes them feel secure and less anxious.
- It keeps them warm and regulates their breathing and sleeping pattern.
- It improves their digestion and makes bowel movements easier. Colicky babies are known to benefit largely from regular oil massage sessions.
- Massages have proven results among babies born preterm. They have shown better weight gain, increased brain activity, and stabilized heart rate using soothing massage oils.
- Massaging leads to stronger bones and muscles.
How to select the right massage oil for babies?
You should know that all oils are different, and not all of them are beneficial for your baby. Therefore, choosing the right massage oil can bring a lot of difference for your little one. Follow these tips before you settle on any specific massage oil for your baby:
- Seek your pediatrician’s guidance for the best massage oil depending on your baby’s skin type.
- Avoid using synthetic or mineral oils.
- Avoid oils with strong fragrances. You can opt for food-grade oils as they’re safe and less likely to cause problems.
- Notice the texture and absorbency level of the massage oil. It should be light, easy to apply, and should get absorbed quickly into the skin cells.
- Never mix 2 or 3 oils for massaging your baby. Try to stick to one oil, and do not change the product frequently.
- Only use baby massage oils. The oils made for adults’ skin can be harsh on a baby’s delicate skin.
- Choose a baby oil that guarantees nutrition and nourishment. It should include ingredients that assist in the baby’s overall development.
- Invest in good quality and high-standard oils. You can go for ‘FDA-approved’ or ‘Made Safe’ baby massage oils.
Which massage oil for babies do we recommend?
We recommend Mamaearth’s Soothing Massage Oil for Babies with Sesame, Almond, and Jojoba oils. It nourishes the skin and keeps it soft and shiny. The regular application of this light and safe massage oil provides multidimensional baby care.
As the name suggests, this massage oil is enriched with the goodness of Sesame Oil, Almond Oil, Jojoba Oil, and Coconut Oil. These toxin-free ingredients provide the best benefits to your babies. This baby oil thus keeps dryness away, improves radiance and elasticity, and provides maximum hydration and moisturization to the baby’s skin.
Beneficial Ingredients in Mamaearth’s Soothing Massage Oil For Babies
1. Sesame oil
The presence of zinc in sesame oil smoothens the skin and improves elasticity. It also forms a protective layer on the baby’s skin that fights harmful UV rays.
2. Coconut oil
Probably one of the oldest used oils, coconut is a trusted ingredient that combats dryness. It also provides deep moisturization and hydration.
3. Jojoba oil
Jojoba makes this massage oil soothing, non-allergenic, and toxin-free. It soothes the chafed, itchy, and irritated skin of babies.
4. Almond oil
Extracted from almond seeds, this oil is non-fragrant and adds to the moisturization factor.
What Mamaearth’s soothing massage oil for babies can do for your little one.
5. Skin nourishment
The natural ingredients infused in the massage oil provide the care and nourishment much needed by baby skin.
6. Keeps the skin soft and supple
Both almond and sesame oils ensure that the baby’s skin remains soft and supple for longer hours.
7. Mild and safe
The oil is 100% safe for the baby’s sensitive skin. It is dermatologically tested and is MadeSafe Certified, which implies that it contains no harmful toxins, chemicals, parabens, or mineral oils.
Note: Massage frequently on the baby’s skin for better results, especially after bathing.
Commonly asked questions on Mamaearth’s Soothing Massage Oil for Babies
1. Who can use Mamaearth’s soothing massage oil for babies?
Ans: This massage oil is suitable for babies aged zero to five years.
- Why should I choose Mamaearth’s Soothing Massage Oil for my baby?
Ans: This massage oil is safe for babies and provides all-day moisturization. It is amongst the best oils for sensitive skin and is Made Safe certified. While frequent massages are important for a baby’s growth, Mamaearth’s Soothing Massage Oil doesn’t need reapplication. Moreover, the oil deeply nourishes the baby’s skin and hair.
- Can I use this massage oil in the summer too?
Ans: Yes! It can be applied to babies in every season all year-around.
- Can I massage my baby daily with this oil?
Ans: Yes, this oil is suitable for daily use for babies. This oil is free from toxins and harmful chemicals and will never irritate your baby’s skin. It would only provide the best nourishment.
A treat for new moms: Henna for hair
During pregnancy, several women experience shinier, thicker, and healthier skin. This is due to a better diet and increased hormone levels. However, post-delivery, when their hormone levels return to normal, the extra hair starts shedding. Hair fall and thinning are common postpartum worries among new mommies.
Thanks to hair care products enriched with henna for hair care, the side effects of postpartum hair loss can be overcome. Loaded with antifungal, antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, and antibacterial properties, Mamaearth has a range of hair care products (mehndi, shampoo, conditioners, and hair oil) enriched with henna for hair growth and revitalization. The products offer the following potential benefits:
- Maintains scalp health
- Regulates oil secretion
- Promotes hair growth and hair health
- Deeply conditions the hair
- Fights dandruff
- Reduces premature graying
- Repairs and strengthens hair follicles
Summing it up
Massage oil hydrates your baby’s skin and stimulates growth and development. Therefore, selecting the best massage oil for your little one is advisable. Mamaearth’s Soothing Massage Oil for Babies with Sesame, Almond, and Jojoba Oil can help protect your baby’s smooth, supple skin.
It is also nutrient-rich and adds to the nourishing skincare for babies. Mamaearth gives you the Goodness of Nature in its purest form. It is Asia’s first skincare brand that’s Made Safe-Certified. It excels in formulating safe products infused with natural ingredients. In addition, this brand cares for the environment because it recycles more plastic than it uses!