There are multiple methods available for merging PDFs. Combining multiple PDF files into one document can solve various issues, such as conveniently distributing multiple PDFs in one file. You can merge them all at once rather than opening and closing each file individually. In this article, we will explore both online and offline approaches to merging PDF files.
How can you merge PDF files on Mac?
- Open Finder. You will find it at the screen’s bottom. It is available in white and blue icon highlighted with a smiling face. If you’re unable to locate it, use Finder to find it on your Mac.
- Now open your PDF file location. Tap and open the folder where you have saved your PDF files placed on the Finder window’s left side.
- Click and open the PDF which you wish to merge. It can be done in Preview. Dissimilar to Windows, Mac offers several tools that help merge and split PDF files. Preview is one such app used for this purpose.
- Open the PDF file using a right click.
- Click on Open with Preview
- Tap on View, and you will notice a drop-down menu.
- Open Thumbnails. You will notice a pop-up window on the left side of the Preview with every image from the PDF file.
- Now click and drag the second PDF in the thumbnails. To merge the PDF into the old one, you should open it in Preview, click the PDF you want to merge, and drag it to the Preview thumbnail. Release the mouse where you want to place it in the thumbnails.
- It also allows you to re-arrange the pages by dragging and moving the images up and down.
- Open File on the top left corner of the screen.
- Tap on Export as PDF
- Give the merged PDF a name by clicking on Save as
- Click Save, and you have finally combined the selected PDFs into one file and saved it in a folder for use in the future.
How can you merge PDF files online?
The procedure of merging PDF files online is simple and convenient with ONEPDF. This online tool helps you merge PDF online and effortlessly organize and archive several PDF documents. It is a comprehensive platform that helps users easily merge and combine as many PDF files as they want. With just a few clicks of your mouse, you can easily combine PDFs and get the desired results without spending a single penny.
Steps to merge PDF files online
- Open the website https://www.onepdf.online/merge-pdf
- Now upload the PDF files you want to merge by selecting the document or using drag and drop method. You may adjust the order of the PDF anytime based on your needs. Once the setting is done, click start button to merge PDF.
- Lastly, you can click on download and save the new version of the merged PDFs.
ONEPDF allows you to merge around 20 PDF files in one go to save effort and time. It is one of the best methods to meet your daily merging needs in the office.
How can you merge PDF files using Adobe Acrobat?
- Click and open Adobe Acrobat DC. However, you may need a subscription for it which is priced at $14.99 monthly, as the free version doesn’t support merging PDF files.
- Tap and open Tools.
- Now click on Combine Files. It is a purple color icon.
- Tap on Add Files, shown in blue colour. It is the same for Windows and Mac.
- Visit the location where the PDF files are stored.
- Choose the PDF files you wish to merge. You can choose a number of files by pressing and holding Ctrl and keep clicking on the files you want to merge.
- Tap Open to view all the PDF files as thumbnail images in Adobe.
- If there are more files to be added, click “Add Files.”
- Lastly, tap on Combine to merge all the PDF files displayed in the thumbnail list as one file.
- Tap on File
- Click Save As to give your merged PDF file a name.
- Save it in the desired location.
- Now you have finally saved a file by giving it a desired name only to be used in the future.
So, these are the best ways you can use to merge PDF online and offline. You can choose your ideal and preferred method at your convenience. Every method has its own pros and cons. While using PDF tools like ONEPDF, you don’t need to download or install any tool or app; with Acrobat, the story is different. Also, ONEPDF is free and can be used on any device, anywhere at any time, while Preview is only available on Mac. ONEPDF also allows the users to share the PDF files anytime with the team. So, you’re at the upper hand here.
Use ONEPDF as a free online PDF merger tool and meet your office needs in your comfort without any hassle now!